Keep those people treats out of reach.❌ WARNING - Christmas is a time of joy and good food... which should not be shared with your animals!! ❌
Today, both Hattie and Maddie were rushed into us by their owners after being mischievous and getting into festive treats not meant for them!
Hattie (brown Cocker Spaniel) helped herself to an impressive Terry’s Chocolate Orange and some Lindt Chocolate Truffles. And Maddie (golden cockerpoo) found a luxury Sultana scone to be quite delicious. Unfortunately for them, our vets and nurses had to give a drug to induce vomiting, allowing them to expel any toxic chocolate or raisins left in their stomachs. This is then followed by a dose of activated charcoal which is given by mouth to help absorb any toxins left in the system.
Please be careful and vigilant around your animals this Christmas, and keep them away from all things poisonous. We have a display board in reception showing all of the poisons and hazards to watch out for this Christmas. ...